IT IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DECISIONS YOU WILL EVER MAKE.
There are several big moments along your journey. This is certainly one of them. It is a huge decision for many reasons. Here are a few:
1) It takes courage. It does not take much bravery to show up on Sundays. Sundays are great but at times we’re just following a crowd. Standing up in front of your peers and saying, “Jesus has changed my life,” is courageous.
2) It changes lives. Your courage will undoubtedly inspire someone else to step up and say, “I’m not ashamed. I belong to Jesus.”
3) It is a public admission of failure. When we are lowered into the water and then brought up out of it, we are declaring that we needed to be washed! There was dirt in our lives and we need Jesus.
4) It is a public admission of mercy. Louder than any message your pastor could ever deliver, your baptism speaks to the goodness of God.
5) It leads to more obedience. Jesus asked us to be baptized as a sign that we belong to Him. When you experience baptism you are being obedient to your Creator’s instruction. And just as one bad decision often leads to another, so does one act of obedience also lead to another.
Maybe the one thing that is holding you back in your walk with Jesus that you are missing this step of faith.
Our next baptism is this weekend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be a part.